I am an open source software developer with a focus on decentralized technology and using technology to empower diverse communities. I co-founded arso. I also have a BA in political science. I'm based in Freiburg, Germany.
Contact me by email (also via pgp) or find me on github and twitter.
What I do
- Research and build p2p-based tools for digital archives of community media with arso.
- Coordinate technology and digital media development at Radio Dreyeckland, a free and community-run radio station in Freiburg.
- Consulting on digital strategy both as a freelancer and with Gebrüder Heitz.
Other areas of work
- Developing web applications (using the tools that fit the task at hand - these days I'm mostly working with React and NodeJS, but also am getting confident in Rust and have experience in Linux system administration, PHP, SQL, and p2p networking).
- Trying to manage projects with a focus on inclusivity, low barriers to entry and involving user experience from the beginning.
- Consulting clients on Drupal development projects of all sizes. I was a Drupal core contributor and co-maintainer for several years. See my profile on drupal.org for a history on that. I used to do actual Drupal development (modules, information architecture, frontend) but do not currently have the time for full-scale development.
Impressum: Franz Heinzmann, Kronenstr. 28, 79100 Freiburg